ABOUT THE NEIGHBORLY
The Neighborly is a resource for Phoenicians and soon to be Phoenicians to find home through the People, Places and Spaces that make our city an inspiring and unique place to live. We want to help you find your perfect Phoenix home and introduce you to your neighborhood and life in the desert.
People View All
The stories of real people in our community told through the lens of home buying, selling, renting, and renovating.
- From Rough to Rainbows“We want that diamond in the rough, the forgotten house that we can make beautiful,” explained Julia one afternoon at her shop Modernique® in Uptown Plaza. I didn’t know Julia very well at the time, but knew she had incredible talent, sense of style, aesthetic and vision. Julia and husband John were selling their fabulous…
- The New Rent to OwnSearching for your first home, while living in a great rental, can be a major challenge. You spend your weekends looking at homes that offer so much less than what you already have. You find a home for sale and think, “We’ll remodel the bathrooms,” then return home to your rental with beautifully updated baths….
- Onyx at Paradise GardensFresh off the heels of completing his first total home renovation, a project referred to as the “Concrete House,” Jake and I began searching for his next project. Jake knew he wanted a mid century home with a mountain view- potentially to create a home for himself, but likely for resale. By chance, the timing couldn’t…
Places View All
A collection of our communities best restaurants, boutiques, coffee shops and concert venues by neighborhood.
- Greenwood Brewing425. E. Roosevelt St. Phoenix 85004 Greenwoodbrews.com In a city full of beer Greenwood Brewery shines downtown as a unique female owned brewery. Their patio is perfectly positioned off Roosevelt- ideal for grabbing one of their approachable pints and settling in for some serious Phoenix people watching!
- LUX Salon4400 N Central Ave Phoenix 85012 luxcoffee.com Cleverly tucked away inside Central’s beloved Lux Coffee is a hidden bar addition that is soon to be your new favorite escape. Excellently curated this eccentric mid century lounge delivers dialogue cocktails and an atmosphere unlike anything else. Sliding in their DM’s is the only way to get…
- Tony’s Italian Delicatessen536 E. Dunlap, Phoenix AZ 85020 Tonysitaliandeliaz.com Tony’s Italian deli has an incredible assortment of Italian imports. Fresh pasta and deli items are available over a counter that has you forgetting your’e in Arizona. A neighborhood friendly atmosphere paired with one of the best Italian sandwiches in the area.
Spaces View All
An in depth look at inspiring design with local shopping guides.
- Uptown Phoenix Gift GuideOur second gift guide of the season is here and we’re headed Uptown! 1. Cocktail book at Frances $24 2. IZIPIZI C Sunglasses from Framed EWE $50 3. AZ hydro flask by Modern Manor $48 4. Record Holder by Stinkweeds $20 5. Table Mirror at For The People $28 6. Botanical Print at Local Nomad…
- Downtown Phoenix Gift GuideThe first from our gift guide series features our top picks for any Downtown lover on your list! Here are 7 gifts from local Downtown favorites! 1. Lighter from NOONS 2. Cancelled Plans candle from PHOENIX GENERAL 3. Wine from SAUVAGE 4. A record from GRAND AVE RECORDS 5. Independent magazines and books curated by…
- Phoenix LayersShop this Phoenix bohemian interior below.